- This event has passed.
Forest Voices – a Mount Tomah community event
November 26, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join us for a relaxed round table discussion with local experts to find out what’s been happening in our area and help plan for the future of our region. From 1pm – 4pm November 26th, 2022 in the Waratah Room at Mt Tomah Botanical Gardens.
Round Table Discussion led by Billy Gruner. Guest speakers:
- Allen Hyde – Engineer, and Founder of the ‘Rain Forest Conservancy’, Writer, and RFS veteran.
- Wayne Brennan – Archeologist, Aboriginal Sites Researcher, National Parks and RFS veteran and musician.
- Lis Bastian – Environmental campaigner, founder of ‘Big Fix ‘ and program Lead for the Blue Mountains Planetary Health Initiative.
- Wynn Jones – Blue Mountains Environmentalist, UNESCO campaigner, Poet and Artist.
- Ian Brown – Natural Heritage expert, renowned landscape photographer and pioneer of National Parks management.
- Art display by local Dharug Artists Judy Miller and Leanne Jones.
- Live music by The Jaga Band.
- Light refreshments will be available.
Forest Voices is a FREE event but please book here as places are limited.
For more information please contact Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre E: email@example.com or Tel (02) 4787 5684
Supported by Mt Tomah Botanical Gardens, BANC and West Projects Art of Recovery Roadshow, as part of the Festival of Resilience. Proudly funded by the Bushfire Local and Economic Resilience grant.